Weatherstripping for Doors
There are 5 pieces of weatherstripping on each door:
1. Divisional Row provides a channel for the front edge of the roll up window to go up and down in.
Inner Cat Whisker
2. Inner Cat Whisker attaches to the bottom inside of the window opening and wipes the inside of the roll up window.
Outer Cat Whisker
3. Outer Cat Whisker attaches to the bottom outside of the window opening and wipes the outside of the roll up window. Sometimes inner and outer cat whiskers are the same.
4. Window Channel provides a channel for the back of the roll up window to go up and down in and goes across the top of the door opening to locate the top of the roll up window and seal the window opening when the window is rolled up.
Vent Window Rubber
5. Vent Window Rubber surrounds the vent window. No picture is available yet.
You should consider replacing the first 4 pieces at the same time, since it is time consuming to remove the glass so you can install the weather stripping.
Article written by Joe Leonard 8-08
Joe Leonard 2008-08-12